Description : Publishing Assistant Apprentice - Mack Books. Company : Lewisham Council. Location : London
Closing date: Monday 2 November 2020
Hours: 30 Hours
Duration: 15 Months
Location: Mack Books
Publishing Assistant Apprentice – Mack Books
Mack is a world-leading publisher of art books, focusing on fine art, photography and critical studies. Based in Brockley, south-east London, the business consists of eight team members who work with artists, authors, institutions and audiences across the globe. They are now looking for a Publishing Assistant Apprentice to join their team!
The candidate will gain insight into the various elements of art book publishing and will be involved in the complete cycle of publishing several books - from the very beginning of a book’s development and design to its production, marketing and distribution around the world.
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating press packs
- Researching new writers and journalists to work with
- Creating an outreach strategy for each book, drafting and adapting pitches for different publications
- Writing catalogue copy, press releases and social media content
- Research new initiatives for social media
- Research new partners for press, events and marketing
- Help organize book launch events and talks
- Design posters and other materials for events
- Participating in staff meetings
- Participating in press meetings with different publications
- Helping to maintain the website
- Contributing to our online video series, including pitching ideas and editing
- Producing sales materials
- Helping pack orders from our office
- Helping at book fairs
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action. You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Someone excited and curious to learn more about art book publishing
- Someone with writing, verbal, and organizational skills
- Someone collaborative and willing to work in a small team
- Someone keen to be involved in the many different aspects involved in publishing a book.
The working hours will be 10am – 5pm (30 hours), however we are open to flexible working requests. Benefits include 25 days of annual leave, not including bank holidays.
Although we would prefer to avoid it, it’s possible that for part of the apprenticeship you may be required to work remotely from home. In this instance, we will provide you with a laptop and a means to stay in contact with our team throughout the day.
If you have any questions re the role or your individual application please email [email protected]